Motherhood and womanhood was celebrated. Many people told stories of their own mothers. Hard issues were raised such as infant mortality, hunger, AIDS, poverty, abuse, breast cancer, and the likes. Yet, the overwhelming message to me is:
- Moms, you matter.
- Moms, hang in there and keep your heads up.
- Moms, we must let our children know we will love them no matter what. We must let them fail and emerge stronger.
- Moms, find a way to turn pain into power.
- Moms, don't try to fix every world problem. Just do something, anything.
- Moms, inspire your children to be philanthropic and to make a difference, to dream big dreams.
- Moms, reach out and inspire one another.
Happy Mother's Day, world.